top of page

Candle Safety

According to the U. S. Fire Administration, with the increasing popularity of candles there has been an increase of candle fires. Many of these fires were caused by consumer inattention to basic fire safety and/or misuse of candles.



When using candles, always remember the following 3 things:

  1. Never leave a lit candle unattended.

  2. Never burn a candle on or near items that can catch fire.

  3. Never leave a child or pet alone with a lit candle.


Some additional tips on proper use of candles are:

  • Make sure you place candles properly into candleholders and on a flat, stable surface.

  • Keep lit candles away from drafts, vents, or air currents.

  • Trim wicks to 1/4 inch before each use.


For addition information on candle safety and proper use, consult the manufacturer's instructions that come with your candles.


#FireSafety #SafetyTips


 

FIRE SAFETY DISCLAIMER

The materials presented in this website are distributed by the Hillcrest Fire Company No. 1, its members and officers, as well as the Moleston Fire District and its Commissioners as an informational source only. The information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the topics discussed. Although every possible discretion is used to ensure the general suitability of this information, all readers are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements, and information for their accuracy. The Hillcrest Fire Company No. 1, its members and officers, as well as the Moleston Fire District and its Commissioners shall not be held liable to any persons for the information or advice provided in this web site or incorporated into it by reference or for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon the material contained in this website.